Marianne Vander Dussen, M.Ed, OCT
As far back as I can remember, I've always loved art. Growing up, you would've found me in a field drawing birds, sketching old buildings, or drawing portraits of the models I saw in magazines. I ultimately decided not to study art in university, dismissing it as something that could never be a "real" career.
After graduating from Queen's in 2009, I worked in luxury real estate as an assistant to Toronto top producers until 2013. Upon doing some soul searching, I decided to quit my job, travel the world for four months, and started over in the Bachelor of Education program at Nipissing University. That led to completing my Master of Education in 2016, during which I began painting more seriously as a means of managing stress in the program.
In the years that have followed, I have combined my love of teaching with my love of art into a practice that I've designed to empower other aspiring artists. Whether you're just looking to improve your work, or want to pursue a professional path, I'm here to support you on your journey forwards. This website also features a portfolio of my own work, including originals, prints, and more.
Thank you so much for visiting and for being part of the journey. I can't wait to help you thrive.
For any inquiries, please visit my contact page
To join the Facebook support group, please visit the Art Incubator with Marianne Vander Dussen.
- Master of Education – Schulich School of Education, Nipissing University
- Bachelor of Education – Schulich School of Education, Nipissing University
- Bachelor of Arts Honours – Queen’s University
- Shortlist: LLRC Master’s Thesis Award (2017) – Language and Literacy Researchers of Canada
- Dave Marshall Leadership Award (2016) – Nipissing University
- Three Minute Thesis, People’s Choice Award (2016) – Nipissing University
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (2015) – Nipissing University
- Nipissing University Faculty Association Learning Opportunity Award (2015) – Nipissing University
- Don Galbraith Award (2014) – Science Teachers’ Association of Ontario
- Nipissing University Graduate Scholarship (2014) – Nipissing University
- Alan and Lois Schmidt Award (2014) – Nipissing University
- Lorne Greene Award (2009) – Queen’s University
- Arts Administration Award (2009) – Queen’s University